What annoyances do you have with the Jeep Renegade?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

paulpeter

Banned
Reaction score
New cars, new technologies, and new features. What works for you and what annoys you? Let's get down to our Renegades.

Good:
1) USB charging ports everywhere.
2) Cigarette ports everywhere. These are charging ports now.
3) DC to AC power converters.
4) Auto rear wiper activation when reverse with the front wipers on.
5) Headlights brightens in the direction you are turning.

Bad:
1) Cannot drive with the door open. I like to maneuver with the door open to check edges and make little adjustments when positioning the car to be worked on. The Renegade will engage the electronic ebrake and that will disable your gas pedal from giving commands to the drivetrain. The engine will rev, but the car won't move. Does this mean no burnouts?

2) Cannot engage 4Low in park. I don't know the reason, but why can't it? More options helps in this case. It's simple, but it bugged me when I found this out. I know now to engage 4Low in drive and don't have to think about it.

3) Slow response auto/manual shifter. Sure I can choose what gear I want to be in, but it takes forever for the transmission to shift. I know it's not a sports car, but why don't all auto/manual shifter cars have a better response shifts.

any else?

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Can't engage 4 lo in park in my KJ, XJ or LR3, neutral is the only way.

I also hate the KL putting the ebrake on when driving with a door open, just dumb nanny state tech I don't need.

Latest posts

Members online