Wet feet need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Punkkid

Reaction score
Every time it rains I end up with a small lake on my passanger side floor. Any idea what might be causing this? I read something about a a/c drain but I don't understand why it would only happen in the rain if that's the case.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a clogged body drain on the passenger side.

JeepCoMJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a clogged body drain on the passenger side.

That wouldn't explain the source of the water.

if it's only when it rains, then it would be a safe assumption that it's in the windshield or the hvac to firewall seals.

it could perhaps be the door seal.

do you have any white corners on the windshield? that is a sign of a bad glue job on the windshield. or have you had a windshield done lately?

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You'd have to find the drain and clear it out.

Go here to find your year manual
Index of /manuals/Jeep/KJ

Then go to the body section (everything's clickable in the PDFs) and find the drains.

Punkkid

Reaction score
That wouldn't explain the source of the water.

if it's only when it rains, then it would be a safe assumption that it's in the windshield or the hvac to firewall seals.

it could perhaps be the door seal.

do you have any white corners on the windshield? that is a sign of a bad glue job on the windshield. or have you had a windshield done lately?

I've only had the jeep for 2 months idk the last time the windshield was done. I haven't noticed white corners but I haven't looked either. Ill check in the morning. The strange thing is it doesn't see to leak when I'm driving only when it's parked and its raining. It doesn't seem to leak when I wash it either.