Wesway lift installed today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

richar43

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i installed the Wesway lift today, and all I have to say is his write-up was excellant, it made it very easy do the install with, great job man.

Here is a few observations i did notice pertaining to my 07

When doing the rear, un-bolt the rear brake lines, to allow for flexing of the rear end, in order to install the springs back after putting the extra isolator springs in, also the bracket for relocating the brakeline is needed also, other than these 2 things it went very smooth, it only took me and a friend about 5 hrs to do both ends, without the use of air tools. anyways, here are the specs before lift and after lift, with a few pics as well

Before lift stock w/ 5 degree rake
Front - 18.5
Rear - 19.0

After Wesway lift
Front - 19.5
Rear - 20.0

And here are the pics... post lift that is

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

richar43

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow, 36 views, and no comments..... did i forget my deodorant today....lol.... One question for anyone, pertaining to my measurements after lift, and I have read others as well, but the 1/2 difference from front to rear isn't to bad, from what I have seen posted from others? am I correct?

richar43

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol, thanks for the response, you actually cant tell the difference, the only reason i know of the difference, is due to I measured them, but yes I'm happy at how easy it was to do..

TAHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am thinking about giving the wife's Libby an inch or so lift later this summer. Our's looks raked when you look at it from the side, but when I hit it with the tape, it's @ 18 1/2 at all corners.
5 hours??? :eek: I hope that included like 2 1/2-3 hrs worth of breaks. :D

richar43

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes there was a few breaks in there, to go get the bolts for the ext., plus going to help a friend unload fence panels off of his liberty, and lunch, ect... so I just know how long I was away from home, so time wise it could have only taken a few hours.....not to sure, but I'm glad i did it, and I have gotten a few compliments from people at work, and a few from some other liberty owners as well.

richar43

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks man, i'm thinking about doing a set of front tow hooks, for recovery points in the front, and a hitch in the rear......any input from any one is appreciated

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are you gonna get an alignment. You may want to ;)...

Looks pretty level to me. I really don't like the rake look. Doesn't look as rugged with the rake IMO.

Good job.

richar43

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes im going to get an alignment, that is payday....and thanks for the comments....

richar43

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tony, yes that is a mailbox, and not a birdhouse.... lol, I agree that jeep should have made the 05' + look like mine does from the factory or it should have at least been an option..... I think they were catering to the girly or family crowd, personally.... everyonce in awhile I here, why did you buy a girly jeep for... and i laugh now, due to it doesn't look so girly. Next on the list is front tow hooks, and tires, they are W A Y later in the list.

incommando

Banned
Reaction score
( the target audience for the Liberty was probably suburban moms as opposed to hard-core wheelers...just sayin'...)

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
wow, 36 views, and no comments..... did i forget my deodorant today....lol.... One question for anyone, pertaining to my measurements after lift, and I have read others as well, but the 1/2 difference from front to rear isn't to bad, from what I have seen posted from others? am I correct?

you can remove on of the rear isolators and it would be pitched up more in the front and closer to level. i aligned my tires about a month before i did the lift and when i went back they were still fine so you may or may not need one.

richar43

Full Access Member
Reaction score
blue_kjR417, thanks for the tip, about removing one of the rear isolators, but for now, I'm really happy with it, so I think I'm going to leave it as is. As soon as the funds become available, and I can get the front hooks, and rear hitch, I'll post some new pics....