Westley's Bleche White

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

All I can say is WOW. This thing is incredible. I just picked up a bottle yesterday for $6 after the white letter sidewalls turned brown-faded and started making me gag every time I saw them. First I let the amigos at the gas station put armor all on it, of course that made matters worse because that thing is like sludge, carrying the black from the tire over white letters.

I don't have much else to say about this product, but it just took the grime, dirt, whatever else was on the tire away. There is a catch, though. The spray is harmful on aluminum and may cause irritation if you touch bare handed, basically like bleach. Also you may have to wipe with a cloth or sponge after letting it do its work for a few minutes. Then rinse with plenty of water, and you've got new tires!

Grade: 4,5 Stars our of 5.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
4.5 out of 5? That's it?

I rate that stuff 6.5 out of 5! It's the best stuff ever for cleaning tires! I can't believe you didn't know about it already!

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I knew it.. I remember you and Dave mentioned it a while ago, and where I said "it sounded like cheap stuff because of Bleach in it's name".. And no, I never tried them since I never had white-letter tires.

Yeah, 0.5 goes to LACK OF MARKETING this great thing. :D

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I LOVE this stuff! Even without whitewalls, it gets the tires nice and satin black again. None of that fart-can-honda looking shiny black crap.

Not sure on the tire cover, might be OK.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I LOVE this stuff! Even without whitewalls, it gets the tires nice and satin black again. None of that fart-can-honda looking shiny black crap.

Not sure on the tire cover, might be OK.

LOL........I hate that too.

Westley's is THE BEST..........I spray it on and use a soft bristle brush and do the whole tire and the white lettering comes out as white as snow after I hose it off with water. It should be called SNOW WHITE.

You can use it on your tire cover . I use it on mine and it cleans it right off. It has not hurt mine. Mine is the OEM one and it makes the jeep lettering stand right out.:D

Dave

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
It might be a problem if it seeps in thorough the cover into the rim.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
It might be a problem if it seeps in thorough the cover into the rim.

That might be a problem but the cover is waterproof and I use the Westley's on it all the time and havn't had it seep through, I just spray the jeep logo, then brush it, then spray it off.

Dave

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
I've used it on tire covers. Is yours vinyl or cloth? If it's vinyl with painted letters DO NOT LET IT SIT THERE FOR AN EXTENDED AMOUNT OF TIME!

Unless you don't want the paint to be there anymore. :)

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've used it on tire covers. Is yours vinyl or cloth? If it's vinyl with painted letters DO NOT LET IT SIT THERE FOR AN EXTENDED AMOUNT OF TIME!

Unless you don't want the paint to be there anymore. :)

It is the OEM one. I think it is vinyl. As I said, I spray it on, brush it, and I spray it right off. It works great and I never had any problems. It only takes a minute to clean it and spray it off.

Dave

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive been using this stuff since I was just a kid(probably 5 or so). Stuff is awesome but I picked up the Advance brand of it(I posted about it) and its just as good but cheaper. It also comes in a bigger bottle.

Roverpilot

Reaction score
Many many applications

First let me tell you that this is one of my top 10 products I have ever used . right up there with PB Blaster. Back when I was in the Marine corps I was introduced to it . It worked so well that I started to try using it on other surfaces . The first was the commertial Marine Corps White Dodge Van. The areas right around the door handles and there you grab to close the hood etc . Would not come clean . I tried to spray all types of cleaners and the base truck wash but it never came clean . Then I tried this stuff and as soon as I sprayed it the grime started running off. Do not let it dry on the paint . Spray it on and rub it in a little and hose it off. Like fresh paint. Just wax when you are done . . The latest use was on our Commertial carpet , Low pile , Synthitic fibers. The carpet had Black roofing tar on it . All of the carpet cleaners whe have used in the past ( Big ones) failed to put a dent in it . so I diluted it 50/50 with H2O and sprayed it on , worked it in with a brush and then placed a towel over it and walked on it to soak it up .
Wham , I removed the towel and the carpet not only had the roofing tar gone but the carpet was bright clean .
Worked so good I went and got a carpet cleaning machine and went to town , Looks like new carpet . . I have even used it to clean the ( Please pay close attention ) lap top I am using now NOT THE SCREEN < DO NOT USE ON THE SCREEN I just spray a little on a wash cloth to SLIGHTLY DAMPEN , then wipe down the case and the keyboard , even the track pad . Looks like a new computer .
OK Its drawn out now , what not to use it on ( Cotton , Wool ) Leaves a slight blue tint to it . Do not spray on Poly carbonit headlights , Turns them white , Spray in a well ventolated area , Smells strong.
And it is speeled Bleche instead on Bleach . There is no Sodium Hypocloride in it . Sodium Hypocloride is bleach at 4.75%
Sorry to bore you .
I gust bought 6 Gal of the stuff today.

Roverpilot

Reaction score
dont know if any one knew this but the product is made by the Shell Oil Co.

dlancer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I started using this stuff back in 1977 when my wife's Dodge Dart had whitewall tires. I also used it on vinyl tops back in the day also. Man I'm getting old LOL.

TAHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used this stuff back in the mid 80's when I was a young pup with my first car. I just clean mine enough now they stay pretty white with a shot of Simple Green.
Dlancer... don't feel bad, I'm right behind ya in the age dept. :yawn:... Where you be at in Cincy? I'm located up in good ole Hamiltucky, right between Fairy field and Middletucky :)

mikey1273

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been using the stuff since I had my first car in the 90's..... A 1976 Dodge Aspen that was at one time my grandfather's. It had a white top and whitewall tires whestl's bleche white kept both white. I would armor all the top after I cleaned it.

Now I use it on the Jeeps RWL tires to keep them white. a spray before going in the was tunnel if doing the auto thing seems to work like a charm.

I also used it in the house to remove nicotine from woodwork and walls before repainting. ( smoking inside is so dirty )