weird noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jake.Ski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so after going out and playing in the mud, and a little bit of cleaning. I developed a noise and im not sure what it is. It's not per say a grinding but im getting a lot of road noise. What could it possibly be?

Could i have gotten mud stuck in the suspension or brakes or some where where its not supposed to be? any ideas?

Jake.Ski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i hope it didnt get into any components that it will break....
the noise picks up the faster i go, so i think its something to do with the brakes, or wheels, atleast something thats spinning.

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
Did you pull the wheels off to check/clean out the brakes/suspension? Mud literally DOES go EVERYWHERE. :(

Jake.Ski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no i didnt, but is that something that i need to do after going out? take off the wheel and use a pressure washer everytime?

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
I do... but I hate mysterious, random noises. And I've learned to hate mud almost as much. lol3.gif

badkittystt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've always found the best way to get rid of mud is to drive as fast as possible through some really deep puddles, anything beyond that is just overkill :happy175:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Sometimes a rock can get stuck at braking plate or in between rotor slots etc.
Take each wheel off (clean the inside rim while you are there) and inspect and bang the bottom of rotor with rubber mallot. Expect chunks to fly off & Out!
Rivers work good after play in the mud just dont go too deep...in river or mud right Jayme?
While the tires are off also look at everything, clean it up and check cv boots and can for movement etc.
Put the tire back on, and see if you can hear any rotational noise when u spin the wheel. Then see if you can feel any upward or sideways movement in the bearing hub.
It should be tight as a...you get the idea.

Jake.Ski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So after going through some good puddles and trying to clean it the area out, im still getting the noise. Not sure what to do next....