Weird movement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joenavy85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This morning as i backed out of my driveway (with the wheel turned fully to the left) I felt a weird bump as if I had rolled over something with my right front tire. I pulled to the side of the street to see if there was something there, but nope, nothing. I know sometimes 4WD vehicles do this when the wheel is cranked all the way, but mine is RWD only. Any ideas what it could be? Upper and lower ball joints, upper control arms, tie rods and sway bar bushings were all replaced earlier this year.

TomB985

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's odd...did you feel suspension movement, or was it a driveline sensation?

Completely off-topic, and just outta curiosity, what kind of gas mileage do you see with 3.21s?

Joenavy85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's odd...did you feel suspension movement, or was it a driveline sensation?

It felt like the whole vehicle rocked a little bit, there didn't seem to be a change in speed or driveline load, just kinda felt like the right front went over a bump.

Completely off-topic, and just outta curiosity, what kind of gas mileage do you see with 3.21s?

Haven't swapped it in yet, currently rebuilding a full rear axle assembly. Once complete it will get swapped in along with the new shocks/struts and springs and new tires. My calculations of gearings and tire sizes tells me that I'll be going only slightly faster with the new setup than with the old one. IIRC 68.7 MPH @ 2k RPM with the new setup versus 68.4 with the old. I don't expect that will cause a noticeable change to the mileage, but I'm pretty sure the reduced ride height will make a noticeable improvement.