Water leak- passenger side- quick fix

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Did this fix on my liberty today while its apart for other reasons. Last weeks rain SOAKED my new interior carpet on the passenger side, got a fan on blast drying it atm.

Sealed the intake filter with a thick bead of RTV, and sprayed some silicone sealant around some questionable areas that looked like they could/would leak.

M_M_Liberty

Reaction score
We've had a few big down pours here in WA the last couple of weeks, and with that comes a sopping wet passenger side floor?! What?! We've only had our KJ for a couple months, but I figured with as much info as I've gotten already, I should contribute. I did a search on here to find common leak areas, and I double checked all those with nothing. I zip tied the garden house to the roof rack and got to tracking, took the seat out, folded over the carpet and took the drenched carpet pad out. I took the plastic shield out from under the dashboard right under the fan motor and left the water running. After a few minutes there was a drip. It was dripping right off of the motor casing. I took the hood cowel off and noticed the intake baffle for the vent ducting. The water was pooling and draining in the right places. I took it off and found the water inside the fan, around the padding and dripping down the case. The gasket material had gone bad so I resealed it and tightened it back down. Waited and turned the water on again, NO water!

Not sure if this has been covered before, I didn't see it on the search so hopefully this can just be one more place someone can double check while chasing a leak.

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from your Mom's house using Tapatalk
I
We've had a few big down pours here in WA the last couple of weeks, and with that comes a sopping wet passenger side floor?! What?! We've only had our KJ for a couple months, but I figured with as much info as I've gotten already, I should contribute. I did a search on here to find common leak areas, and I double checked all those with nothing. I zip tied the garden house to the roof rack and got to tracking, took the seat out, folded over the carpet and took the drenched carpet pad out. I took the plastic shield out from under the dashboard right under the fan motor and left the water running. After a few minutes there was a drip. It was dripping right off of the motor casing. I took the hood cowel off and noticed the intake baffle for the vent ducting. The water was pooling and draining in the right places. I took it off and found the water inside the fan, around the padding and dripping down the case. The gasket material had gone bad so I resealed it and tightened it back down. Waited and turned the water on again, NO water!

Not sure if this has been covered before, I didn't see it on the search so hopefully this can just be one more place someone can double check while chasing a leak.

I have an 02 liberty 37 four-door I get soaked front passenger floorboards every rain search for the leak ended up way under the dash pulling all of the inside body panels off. Source of water is in a clear plastic hose. Have no idea where it goes have no idea where it ends at it is free hanging along the bottom of the air pillar at the floorboard. Sneaks his way up under the dash somewhere gallons of water in the rain coming through it would appreciate any and all advice

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I

I have an 02 liberty 37 four-door I get soaked front passenger floorboards every rain search for the leak ended up way under the dash pulling all of the inside body panels off. Source of water is in a clear plastic hose. Have no idea where it goes have no idea where it ends at it is free hanging along the bottom of the air pillar at the floorboard. Sneaks his way up under the dash somewhere gallons of water in the rain coming through it would appreciate any and all advice
Sunroof drain tube?

ccg2301

Reaction score
I

Had a similar experience just before Christmas, my 06 KJ (with sunroof fitted) started letting in a small amount of water on the passenger side (UK) during heavy rainfall. Used the forum (invaluable to put me on the right path and then YouTube) Checked my sunroof drainage tubes were clear and working as well as checking that the drainage tubes themselves didn't have cracks in the plastic. Also took off, cleaned and resealed the air intake (under the plastic cowl beneath the wiper blades) with thick bead of RVT sealant, BUT still had the water get in. Finally took it to a local mechanical garage that also does body shop work as well and they used a process that basically does an ultrasound process on the whole Jeep bodywork and seals, anyway they found an area in the inner wing where water was getting in. Not sure if this is your issue but hope it allows you to check and rule out some possible issues. Added the YouTube links below if it helps.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Good luck. Hope you find it.

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
Sunroof drain tube probably. Also could be the sunroof glass seal #68032434AC. Check MsRandiCook's recent "sunroof minor leak" post.

AWolfCalledWander

Reaction score

Thank you for posting!

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
khaki's leak is from the passenger side top of the windshield. insufficient urethane, 12 years of FL sun, or some other factor has contributed to water weeping behind the windshield, and running down the a-pillar cover, to the floor.

Latest posts

Members online