Water leak- passenger side- quick fix

Discussion in 'KJ General Discussion' started by bdons_crd, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Therian

Therian New Member

Put a bead of silicone around the door boot where the wires feed through for the door. That's where my leak was and it looks just like your photo, it fixed mine for over a year.

2. QcHemi

QcHemi New Member

ok..will do..thanks!

3. GunnerSchenck

GunnerSchenck Full Access Member

Glad you didn't try this.. if you're talking a closed cell automotive foam, that's one thing.. but if you were talking about regular spray foam insulation, it's open cell and retains water..therefore not the best solution for a water leak

4. QcHemi

QcHemi New Member

appreciate the info

Nah..I didn't do it. thanks for the info....it has been dry since doing all of the above items..when I put the plastic panels back on I put some silicone around each tab that went into a hole and I am hopefully done with it. :happy107:

5. QcHemi

QcHemi New Member

Thought I would just let everyone know, the fixes I did that I got from this website did the job!.. No leaks since the last post....Thanks for all of the tips.

6. ashman308

ashman308 New Member

I know this is an old thread, but thanks. Just bought an 06 and have this exact leak.

7. Disco95

Disco95 Full Access Member

Thanks mate, been trying to solve that one myself.

8. Disco95

Disco95 Full Access Member

Tomorrows job...

9. ashman308

ashman308 New Member

Fixed mine. We had a full day of rain this week, no leak. Glad I found this thread.

10. EWR

EWR New Member

Mine is coming out of that hole.

11. EWR

EWR New Member

12. sota

sota Full Access Member

this thread is relevant to my interests. found water in my weathertek mat the other day, after several straight days of rain of various quantities. I had the windshield replaced earlier this year, and up until this month the jeep got to live indoors (don't ask; long story, lost my fight with the town and my "shed" is gone. so the jeep is outside now for the time being. :( ) I'll have to pull the cowl back off and check that filter area, as I had removed it while the windshield and cowl were out/off. bet it's not sealing right.

13. Joenavy85

Joenavy85 Full Access Member

I'm glad I found this thread. I've been dealing with a sporadic leak for a couple years now, I've narrowed it down to the upper passenger side of the windshield and the door seal, as the water coming in is leaving small pools in the A-Pillar cover. I'm busy this weekend, but will definitely be checking these spots out next weekend.

14. J33Pfan

J33Pfan Full Access Member

I just resealed this screen aka Cabin Filter. The old gasket is actually foam tape. I dont think this foam was ever meant to hold back water.

I noticed near the fender there was a passage blocked with debris. It's all clean now so no water should build up and enter the screen. But this screen is definitely a place for water to enter the cabin if large amounts of water come by here. So No your Jeep is not a Motor Boat!

I used silicone to seal it up. Hopefully I don't ever have to remove this screen again cause it will probably break apart before I get it off.

I hope this is the reason for a wet passenger floor. Otherwise Less time for me to enjoy my weekend!

Thanks for the Post!

Attached Files:

15. J33Pfan

J33Pfan Full Access Member

Hopefully your throw away the weather striping/"Gasket" clean it up and just use silicone!