warranty recall?????????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sabreuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey up guys sorry if this has been covered before but i have been doing a lil digging on warranty and found 2 major saftey recalls the control arms and the airbag and pre tensioner system. my question is though i know these recalls where for americans and canadian libertys but what about the european jeeps me being in the uk.

i have phoned jeep uk today and spoke to there service manager who has said yes the control arm issue was addressed here in the uk but he can not find anything on the airbag issue. the records show there is an outstanding
m35 recall which is the airbag system but he can not find anything to state that euro spec jeeps need sorting or any paperwork to give authorisation to do the work on this recall.

so my question is does anybody know if this affects euro jeeps, if it does how did you go about getting the issue sorted or authorised?

also does anybody have an email or phone number for jeep in the us or canada that i can get in touch with to ask these questions to?

again sorry if this has been another thread. thanks craig

sabreuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mines a 2002 2.4 cherokee sport (liberty kj) euro spec bud which is why i am asking.

jeeptorino68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
then yes you have the air bag recall, they put out a notice acknowledging the problem, but do not have the parts to fix it yet, basically they need to filter out any electrical noise in the system that can cause a false deployment. but they are behind on making the parts and will notify owners when parts are available.

sabreuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ah ok so its a fairly new problem then not something that should of been sort a while ago?

jeeptorino68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
correct, you should be able to google jeep liberty airbag recall and find news articles on it

ron.dittmer

Reaction score
When we took our Liberty in for the lower control arm recall, they saved one from another Liberty. The rust problem was serious. I am glad we had ours taken care of.

sabreuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive had the control arms done or the 1st owner did at least however mine look dodgy again so im gona change them anyhow its the airbag and pretensioner recall im slightly concerened about.

i did read up on it all on google thats why im asking and chasing now but wasnt sure if it was just us and canadian jeeps that the recall was for. me being in uk seems we dont get some of the recall jobs as the probs on yours are different to ours.

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im surprised you havent received any formal information from jeep. Im the third owner of my 02 and got a letter about the airbag recall.

sabreuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that maybe beacuse mines a euro jeep and may not have the same issues as u.s and canadian jeeps. ours are right hand drive and use different parts in places i know your jeeps suffer this issue which is why im trying to find out mate.

like i said if i get an answear from jeep ill post up i was just curious if any of you guys have had the same questions answeard before. or if any of our american/canadian friends could help with contact details or any usefull info on these recall issues. jeep uk at least said they have never been asked about the airbag issue before i asked.

sabreuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks bud interesting read a couple of other things on there im gona chase up which i wasnt aware of appreciated :)

sabreuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPDATE

well just recieved an email from chrysler jeep and here it is, looks like it needs doing kids on euro jeeps pays to chase it up hey :)

Dear Craig:

Thank you for contacting the U.S. Jeep Customer Assistance Center
regarding your 2003 Jeep Liberty.

Our records indicate that the following recall campaign has not been
performed by an authorized dealer:

M35 ORC FILTER CIRCUIT

We suggest that you contact your local authorized Jeep® dealer to make
arrangements for an inspection and, if necessary, corrective action at
no charge to you.

Please take a copy of this message with you at the time of service to
aid the process. Although not required, it is recommended to bring a
copy of the recall notification with you to your dealer's service
department when you bring your vehicle in for this service.

Per your request all other recalls associated with your vehicle that
have been completed are listed below:

F23 LOWER BALL JOINTS COMPLETED 08/28/2009
J17 KJ UPPER BALL JOINTS COMPLETED 02/17/2011

Your email was received by the Customer Assistance Center that only
addresses issues with vehicles currently in the United States. In the
future we recommend that you contact our office responsible for your
area by calling Jeep Europe at 00800 0 426 5337 or via email at:
[email protected] That Center is staffed with trained
professionals, ready to address your concerns.

Thank you again for your email.

Sincerely,

Tony

Customer Service Representative
Jeep Customer Assistance Center

For any future communications related to this email, please refer to the
following information:
REFERENCE NUMBER: XXXXXXXX
EMAIL CASE NUMBER: XXXXXXXX
REPLY LINK:

and for future ref for euro jeeps heres the number us in europe need to phone as per email above:

Jeep Europe at 00800 0 426 5337

Last edited: