Warped rotors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeepbeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
disc brakes are so easy to completely replace you'll be amazed and good quality parts for the whole job run up to $300 for everything needed. 4x calipers, 4x pad sets, 4x discs, OEM fluid, and maybe the grease and boots for caliper rails.

First time I ever did them was in the dark with "poor mans tools" in a few hours. That includes bleeding each as I go. I got a cheap bleed kit from harbor frieght.

Last edited:

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the typical 45 slow to near stop but no stop several times then high speed slow down with no stop a couple times, let cool, etc. I have the exact procedure written down at home that I always use. I helped did the brakes and break in. I've seen the same method outlined on here and other sights before. If you want me to post the exact and complete procedure, but it's the break in recommended by most people and manufacturers.

That should be good. I have always followed a procedure of 30 stops from 30mph down to a slow roll (like 5mph), taking about 30 seconds to decelerate.

Your procedure it pretty much the same thing.

Latest posts

Members online