Warning Sytem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Larmar

Reaction score
My wife and i do a lot of backwoods photography. So we travel the back roads that are abandoned by logging companies. So there is no need for seat belts. Anybody know how to disable the warning bells???
Really what are the Safety Bears doing to us with all this crap!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
My wife and i do a lot of backwoods photography. So we travel the back roads that are abandoned by logging companies. So there is no need for seat belts. Anybody know how to disable the warning bells???
Really what are the Safety Bears doing to us with all this crap!

Even 5 MPH a roll over can happen before you can blink an eye , road bank gives way , bam you're gone seen it happen on trail rides
But if you think its a real PITA, just buckle it behind you back or something

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure about the KK but I did it to my KJ
First- buckle your seatbelt and turn the key to the ACC position (one turn before turning on the engine)
Next- wait until you see the seatbelt indicator go off from the dash
As soon as it goes off, unbuckle and buckle your seatbelt a minimum of 3 times with the end result of being buckled
You'll hear a little chime telling you that it is disabled
Next time you don't have it on look at the dash and if the seatbelt dash indicator is flashing and you hear no sound then you'll know it worked

Larmar

Reaction score
Even 5 MPH a roll over can happen before you can blink an eye , road bank gives way , bam you're gone seen it happen on trail rides
But if you think its a real PITA, just buckle it behind you back or something

What about my question?

Larmar

Reaction score
Not sure about the KK but I did it to my KJ
First- buckle your seatbelt and turn the key to the ACC position (one turn before turning on the engine)
Next- wait until you see the seatbelt indicator go off from the dash
As soon as it goes off, unbuckle and buckle your seatbelt a minimum of 3 times with the end result of being buckled
You'll hear a little chime telling you that it is disabled
Next time you don't have it on look at the dash and if the seatbelt dash indicator is flashing and you hear no sound then you'll know it worked

It is worth a try thank you!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Let us know if it works for KKs so future owners know they can do it too !

He would not be asking if he would of seen my buddy roll over 3 times down an embankment. Going less than 5 MPH, low range, low gear, creek bank gave way and away he rolled . He thought too that going slow no need for a seat belt. Last time I went 4 wheeling with him he wears it all of the time , you never know when or where it will happen.
But of course there are those that think it will never happen to them :happy175:

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I almost rolled my KJ one day out in the bush going maybe 5mph. If I did and was not buckled I probably would have went out the open sunroof and gotten crushed by my own Jeep. Logging roads are great for accidents.

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ Agreed. I've been a passenger in a vehicle that nearly rolled; without a seatbelt, I would have fallen out and been crushed.

I see the OP is in Canada... don't know when the "safety bears" dictated seat belts for you guys (and no, I don't care to Google it), but here in the 'States, the first Federal Law making them mandatory was in 1968.

So I don't get the attitude as if this is something new that just came along.