visors with garage door buttons??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

squirrellydw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do they make visors that have buttons that can be programed to open and close garage doors? I know ford has them for the cars

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It wouldn't be directly from DaimlerChrysler because they use homelink for their garage door openers, which is in the overhead console. Aftermarket might be worth checking though. Most of the time where there's a will, there's a way.

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did some research and couldn't find any. However, I noticed a news article which mentions having homelink installed into the sun visor of Dodge Stratus and Chrysler Sebrings. Supposedly, Mopar sells them. I'm wondering if there's a way to custom use that in the Liberty. Also, there was an article on a Corvette forum where a guy was installing it into the visor. I've never worked with the electrical system in the KJ, so I'm not not much help on installation of this sort. Hopefully one of the veterans on here will pop in and give some input.

squirrellydw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gentleman said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DODGE-CHRYSLER-JEEP-GREY-HOMELINK-TRANSMITTER_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ50459QQitemZ8069967177QQrdZ1

Bob

great but how would I wire it up?

rearwindow

Reaction score
Wiring

Not much to wire. The homelink is self-contained. You have two wires for the visor light.

I put one in a Stratus. The only thing different was that I had two male connectors now. One the visor and on the oem harness. Easy to fix.

Edit: to add was an oem visor from Chrysler

Gentleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You just have to run power to the homelink unit 12v+ and 12V- and program it using your remotes, no additional wiring needed, like rearwindow said there is already power to the visor mirror, just tap intio it

Bob