video of rack and pinion noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gabegt90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are'nt the lower ball joints covered by the recall if so I'l get it done this weekend I' don't want my mom to be hurt

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
gabegt90 said:
are'nt the lower ball joints covered by the recall if so I'l get it done this weekend I' don't want my mom to be hurt

Yes, they are under recall.. They are having a shortage of joints though. I could of told you they would since they had to recall over 800k libbys. 2x800,000=1,600,000 joints..

I would be PO'd if its the joints and they told you its the rack.. =;

2003KJ

Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
gabegt90 said:

Yes, they are under recall.. They are having a shortage of joints though. I could of told you they would since they had to recall over 800k libbys. 2x800,000=1,600,000 joints..

I would be PO'd if its the joints and they told you its the rack.. =;

X2. Call the dealer first thing in the morning and explain to them that your ball joints are popping and VERY close to letting go completely. Also mention that it is not your vehicle, that it is your mothers, and you are very concerned about her safety, and would it be possible for them to get you in with in the next couple of days.

If they give you any crap, threaten to go to DC headquarters, and if that fails, threaten HQ that you're gonna go to the NHTSA and file a complaint

gabegt90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My mom allready took libby to the dealer they replaced the lowers allready.
Mabey it is the rack that needs to be replaces mabey it's something elese I don't know

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
gabegt90 said:
My mom allready took libby to the dealer they replaced the lowers allready.
Mabey it is the rack that needs to be replaces mabey it's something elese I don't know

Check the upper ball-joints and the tie-rod ends.. 8-[