Vibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doogs

Reaction score
This morning, I was on the highway doing about 70. I started noticing a vibration sound coming from the front end.....it increased in intensity got really loud....then went away...got it up to 90 no issues after that. There's no clicks thumps or grinding going on. 05 with 100K....ideas?

02blue

Comfortably numb
Reaction score
Assuming 4x4. Front driveshaft boots okay? Mine would do that when the Tcase boot was trashed in 2wd mode. Worse in 4 full or part time. Tires rotated?

Get under there and shake some things. Do you feel in in the steering wheel or just in the floorboards?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
First check the rear boot on the front driveshaft, more than likely it is gone and could be the cause of the vibration.
If not that could be the intermediate shaft / CV on the right side
I assume you have been also checking wheel bearings , tire balance etc

Doogs

Reaction score
Just did complete front driveshaft was in 2WD there's no other noises from front end... I pushed on top of both front tires and there was no click...no other noises from the front end whatsoever....there's no feeling in the steering wheel just heard the sound, it worked itself out and was fine after that....I'm just baffled...

Doogs

Reaction score
Also, just replaced front brakes and was told front end looked fine...what got me is that it worked itself out and went away

02blue

Comfortably numb
Reaction score
If you don't feel it in the wheel sounds like drivetrain to me. Check both shafts (front again- you never know) and maybe check the fluid in front diff for stuff.

I like the IM shaft or CV idea too. I not sure that they translate to the steering wheel as much as a tie rod end or ball joint.

Doogs

Reaction score
If it happens again, it's going to the mechanic...I'm hoping it was a passing issue that worked itself out, because it only happened once in a 60 mile trip and it came and went

02blue

Comfortably numb
Reaction score
If it happens again, it's going to the mechanic...I'm hoping it was a passing issue that worked itself out, because it only happened once in a 60 mile trip and it came and went

True. But if it gets persistent I wouldn't wait. Sometimes things come and go with mine. If I ran to the shop everytime I heard a strange noise or felt a strange sensation I'd be very poor. I had a friend who thought something was drastically wrong with their vehicle and found it was just a textured stretch of road they drove on. :Insane:

Latest posts

Members online