Very Nice & Affordable Wheel Locks That Match

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ron.dittmer

Reaction score
Four years ago I purchased a set of OEM Mopar wheel locks for my wife's Liberty. They stuck out far out from the wheels with a big round gray rubber looking style. They looked absolutely ugly on my wife's Liberty.

After 4 years of looking at them with a frown, last weekend I stumbled on an Ebay seller of wheel locks that match the Liberty chrome lugs. Unfortunately his sets come with only 4 locking lugs, missing the one for the spare tire. His $11.95 price was so cheap with FREE expedited shipping so I contacted him requesting 2 sets common keyed. He responded quickly with a promise they would be keyed alike. He even combined shipping for me so my total was $22.70 for both sets. With the two sets, I lock the spare tire and I have a spare key and 3 spare lugs in case I loose or break one.

The new locking lugs are on the vehicle and do match our OEM chrome lugs very nicely. They do not stand out ugly. I highly recommend the product and the Ebay seller. Before you buy them, first contact him so he understands you NEED THE TWO SETS KEYED THE SAME.

Here are the locking lugs.
CLICK HERE to get the his Ebay sale page. If the link no longer works for you, his Ebay name is dpaccessories. You will need to search him out.
You must be registered for see images attach

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be careful with those style of locks,they easily are rounded and damaged.

I don't understand why people put wheel locks on when there are special tools that make removing them a breeze and easily bought for cheap at any autoparts store.I'd rather have someone steel my wheels/tires then steel the whole Jeep.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
I've got some for ya ... real cheap :D

ron.dittmer

Reaction score
I've got some for ya ... real cheap :D

Yep,
Those are the OEM ones I originally had on.

I feel that having wheels locks is better than no locks, something is better than nothing.....especially for the spare tire.

The new locks are more robust than the OEM ones in regards to connectivity with a deep-seating key over the locking lug. I couldn't go wrong for the money, and they look so much nicer than those dang silly OEM ones. I wonder what Chrysler was thinking.

Last edited:

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep,
Those are the OEM ones I originally had on.

I feel that having wheels locks is better than no locks, something is better than nothing.....especially for the spare tire.

The new locks are more robust than the OEM ones in regards to connectivity with a deep-seating key over the locking lug. I couldn't go wrong for the money, and they look so much nicer than those dang silly OEM ones. I wonder what Chrysler was thinking.
The OEM ones are made by McGard,one of the best brands on the market.McGard makes OEM locking lugnuts used on all vehicles sold in North America.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
^^^ yup ....

At one time I thought they were a good idea ... but I just don't park anywhere but my garage these days. After the second lost key in 6 yrs they became more of a nuisance than a benefit.