Versions of the RB1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jtalef

Reaction score
Another question regarding my RB1. I bought a new unit off eBay manufactured on July 2006 and recently had it swapped out for some tuner issues at my local dealership. The dealership gave me a "new" RB1 with a manufacturing date of June 2003 with a stickered date of 10/06 on the side (probably a refurb).

I noticed immediately that a DVD Rom logo is present on the older unit.

Have there been any other changes that were made to this unit over the years?

Gentleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your question made me go look, I have a 2002 Ram with the RB1 and it has the dvd logo in the upper left hand corner. the 2005 Lib's RB1 does not have the logo, interesting, as far as the replacement by the dealer it is my understand that units replaced under warranty are done with refurb's

Bob

jtalef

Reaction score
Thanks...

Thanks for checking that out for me.

One thing I noticed about the new unit (or new refurb) unit is that there appears to be a single dead pixel in the display. I don't know what the failure rate for these are or how many dead pixels you can have before Daimler will allow a replacement again. One, I can live with (it's just an inherent part of these screens) but, if I start to see more I may be in for another trip to the dealer. :-k