Vehicle Noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tjkobs7926

Reaction score
Has anyone ever noticed a clanking sound coming from the back of their KJ? It sounds like it's coming from behind the left rear seat, near the swing gate. It actually sounds like the seatbelt hitting the side of the Jeep, but it's not that...I've checked. Any help how to stop it would be appreciated.

dnm45227

Reaction score
seat or tailgate latch maybe? the tailgate latch needs re-adjusting on alot of kj's. hope you get it worked out.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
agree about the tailgate latch. I adjusted both the plate on the door and the fitting plate. I noticed a lot of wear/tear and after adjustment it now closes tighter.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had the same damn noise for a while, it was driving me crazy, and one day it disappeared, something must have fallen into place.
I thought it was the rear seatbelts on the sides but it wasn't. :) There are always noises in my jeep. Nothing is ever silent!

Havoline

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"There are always noises in my jeep. Nothing is ever silent!"

Jeez. Drive a Ford sometime! (rotflmao)