Urgent: Tire Pressure on 265/70-16 BFG ATs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fjellfinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a) What is the proper tire pressure to use on 265/70-16 Bf Goodrich AT, on factory default Jeep alu wheels (16")

b) what rubbing should i expect on these big wheels and how can I remedy them ?

I have driven only a few km yet, no rubbing on straight lines, but I got some hefty rubbing when I backed into my carport, which lies in angle compared to the driveway.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a) What is the proper tire pressure to use on 265/70-16 Bf Goodrich AT, on factory default Jeep alu wheels (16")

b) what rubbing should i expect on these big wheels and how can I remedy them ?

I have driven only a few km yet, no rubbing on straight lines, but I got some hefty rubbing when I backed into my carport, which lies in angle compared to the driveway.
Stock psi is good,anything from 32-40 psi will be fine(I run 38psi in my 265/75 MT/R's).As far as rubbing you will need to beat down the pinchweld(bulge sticking out of the rear of the front wheel well)and some front bumber trimming or use a heat gun to soften the plastic and push out with it to gain clearence.Rear extended bumpstops will be needed if flexing alot to keep the rear flares on.

Fjellfinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as rubbing you will need to beat down the pinchweld(bulge sticking out of the rear of the front wheel well)and some front bumber trimming or use a heat gun to soften the plastic and push out with it to gain clearence..

Thanks!

I have some problem to really understand what you are so nicely describing.

Is there any chance you could post som pictures, or even better make a how to?

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a write up on how to do both the Pinch Weld and Fog light trimming when you setup larger tires with your lift. I run 265/70/16's with a 2" BDS lift and did both of these modifications. It works. I did not do the rear bumpstops but that is on the project list. Maybe (I might just go for the Rusty's lift or Frankenlift and net more heighth).

Many of us have beat down the pinch weld and sprayed it with some black rust proof or something.

Pinch Weld

Last edited: