Upper A arms???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cbass

Reaction score
I have been looking at the upper A arms from www.jeepinbyal.com to replace my worn out ones. So my question is has anbody used these yet?? Are they worth the $350? Were they difficult to install? Any issues? Quality of product? That kind of stuff, any feedback on these would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Eddo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have them, but a few members of LOST do. They are for a lifted KJ only. They are about .25" longer than the stock and angled a little different. All to help put the ball joint and alignment setting back to the stock geometry. Plus the contain a heavy duty ball joint that is greasable.

The upper control arms are quite easy to replace. Just 2 bolts per arm and the ball joint nut.

Eddo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
Would they work with my lift eddo, or is mine to small?

Not sure. You could try e-mail Al. However, I really don't think you need them. You are only lifted about 1.5" in the front so the geometry should still be pretty close to stock. It is more for people with the Frankenlift that have 3" up front.

cbass

Reaction score
Thanks for the info Eddo. When you say 3" lift are you talking pre or post? I have the Skyjacker 2.5" kit on my 2003 sport and would love to try these out if they work as advertised.

Any of you guys with this mod want to chime in??

Eddo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should work well with something like the Skyjacker, Frankenlift. For the OME, probably Rustys the stock ones are more than fine. Actually the stock ones work fine even for the Skyjacker and Frankenlift, but a little longer of one can't hurt.

Guyute1210

Reaction score
Eddo said:
Go over to www.lostkjs.com A few people over there have used them.
In fact there are quite a few people that use them, I dont have them yet, as I have yet to lift my KJ (I will this spring). I have seen them in action on a couple rigs, including Jeepin' Al's. They are designed for the 2 1/2" lift or more, and bring the Alignment back into factory specs. From what I have seen IMO, worth the money.

nickpar

Reaction score
upper ball joint problem

HI ALL.. I HAVE A JEEP LIBERTY KJ 3.7 LIMITED 2003
I HAVE LIFT MY CAR( Part Number LIB250K 2.5 ' intc) WITH SKY JACKER PLATINUM
I DESTROY MY (ORIGINAL) UPPER A ARM TWO TIMES AT ONE YEAR
AND ONE TIME THE TOP MOUND.
WITH HARD OFF ROAD ROUTE !!!.IS THIS LOGICAL ?
THERE ARE NEW UPPER A ARMS FROM A JEEPIN.I WANT TO ORDER THAT.I HOPE TO FIX THE PROBLEM.!!!

THANKS !!

http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?folder_id=164209

JJsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed a set on a friends KJ last weekend and they are very Beefy. Well worth the money IMHO and my wifes KJ will be gettting a set along w/ Moog lowers. I would put them on my KJ but it is going SFA in the future anyway so why bother. Install on them isn't bad at all, only took a couple hours total and that was with a stubborn bolt. His alignment still has some adjustment left in it now too when w/ stock arms it was maxxed out.