Upgrading Uconnect Radio from 5 to 6.5 with GPS, what’s your opinion?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

paulpeter

Banned
Reaction score
Decided to try so i bought one from ebay novsight
first of all i have a 2017 sport 4x4 jeep renegade

i found out that there is 2 different 6.5 uconnect. one with UCONNECT® ACCESS (you can start your, locate your car from your phone) and one without
to make difference, the UCONNECT® ACCESS has 4 fakra connectors (antennas) on the back while the other one only have 2

to remove the radio is pretty simple, first remove the bezel ( i used some old credit cards ) and then there is 4 screws (torx T25) that hold the radio
also make sure you buy the bezel that goes with 6.5, the 5 wont fit

connectors are the same, my car and probably all cars with 5 uconnect are missing the 3g/gps antenna cable, no big deal since you can buy them from ebay too.

1st issue, new radio has security code
2nd issue odometre is blinking
3rd issue my odometre was just 5100 but after installing the new radio, it went to 8300
4th issue, somehow UCONNECT® ACCESS is not there!!
5th issue, i have to transfer my sirius subscription from old to new radio

no big deal, result is amazing, its really huge difference, gps is cool, back up camera is better with the bigger screen..
now i am looking to upgrade the odometer from 3.5 to 7.

i have to visit the dealership to fix those issues, will update as soon as i get my car.

You must be registered for see images attach

paulpeter

Banned
Reaction score
ww

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thomastim

Reaction score
You are right guys, i was playing with the settings and changed from miles to km, was dark and didn't pay attention to the km, i confirm, miles are correct, new unit didn't affect mileage.
i didn't go to the dealership yet but i can say everything is working, beside odometre blinking, and the UCONNECT® ACCESS not showing up but i believe i have to call uconnect and ask them to reset the account..
radio was bought from US, also i have the donor VIN, I called the seller to get the code and i was able to unlock the radio.

i may wait until i get the 7-Inch Digital Cluster installed then visit the dealership to have everything programmed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
more about search for "novsight" on website.

Latest posts

Members online