UNDERCOATING/tow hitch rear to hook?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RenegadeBM

Reaction score
Going in for some oil based under coating this AM.... Buffalo winters are brutal on bare metal!

Seeing is how the previous owners barley drove this thing, its still pretty decent underneath...

I haul a Harley in the summer months.. My Renegade didnt come with the hitch so I must add one.. I do have a rear facing ***** hook.. Do I have remove the rear hook in order to install a trailer tow hitch?

I know when I had Ranger Level II I had to... Which sucked...

just a bored saturday morning... lol HOW BOUT THEM BILLS?

lol

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah you'll have to remove the hook, but you get much more use out of hitch, which could function as a tow hook.

RenegadeBM

Reaction score
Yeah you'll have to remove the hook, but you get much more use out of hitch, which could function as a tow hook.

makes sense.... Thats what I'll do then... Class Draw tite on ebay for $99

Or used ones on CL.... Or if anyone is selling on here.....

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or used ones on CL.... Or if anyone is selling on here.....

Check Teckman's post in the "What did you do to your Jeep today?" thread. He scored at a pick-n-pull with at least TWO factory hitches plus the harness (looking at the pics on my phone.) The harness will make life MUCH simpler...

Bob

teckman02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check Teckman's post in the "What did you do to your Jeep today?" thread. He scored at a pick-n-pull with at least TWO factory hitches plus the harness (looking at the pics on my phone.) The harness will make life MUCH simpler...

Bob

both of the hitches came from 02 KJ's with the towing from the factory and the harness had to be cut out from the research that i have done and from the 2 KJ's that that i got them from the harness is part of the main harness.. i did a little more research and it looks like if you buy the kit it is plug n play WTH....

i will say that at least one of hitches will be going up on the market if not both and they will get sanded down with a wire wheel and re-painted black with rustoleum hammered paint.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.