Undercarriage detailing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
What does everyone use for under carriage detailing? Looking for some shine there as well.

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Sprayed some teflon wax crap under JEEP after figured out it was junk on top side,not much stuck,looked like hell down there too.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Photos how to Spray & Shine Under Carriage !

Take photos to create HJ's "How To":Use Lawn Sprinkler to clean undercarriage!

Use Meguires gold Carwash into spray bottle, or pressurized lawn sprayer.
Can add a bit of pine Sol cleaner if you want a nice smell for later.....or just in case you ran over some nasty critters.:D

;)Spray the crap out of a fairly strong mixture of soap as above to undercarriage.

:)Allow time to soak in.

idea.gifUse rotating lawn sprinkler, slide it under, and move it around to get all the dirt and soap off.

Take Kj for a drive a good highway drive, to dry it off completely.
Done.:cool:

67Customs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use Meguiar's Super Degreaser. I spray the undercarriage with it, let it set, and then pressure wash. I hit the bad areas with a brush. For some shine, you could try some CD2 engine cleaner.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use Meguiar's Super Degreaser. I spray the undercarriage with it, let it set, and then pressure wash. I hit the bad areas with a brush. For some shine, you could try some CD2 engine cleaner.

Thats what I use. The last time I detailed my undercarriage I used a brush and did it all by hand. Crawled under it with a brush, megs super D, and a water hose then went to work. For shine, I buy the cans of Invisible glass tire shine and spray it everywhere. Looks better than it did when I bought it and its 6 years old!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I just paint mine every few months, in between times, pressure wash it off after spraying it down with Simple Green. 95% (at least) of the undercarriage has been painted, SEVERAL times now. The picture below was after the last trip to the Badlands, quick wash before going to the Jeep Plant for a tour.
You must be registered for see images attach

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Rustoleum Hammertone
after every wheeling trip I jack it up and get under it with the Power Washer, and then any areas that are scratched, etc I repaint, every spring and fall it gets a complete paint job underneath

khakilibby07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yall got it all wrong. Use Chemical Guys Bare Bones and you will get fantastic results probably beating your expectations. :D

maverick7321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just paint mine every few months, in between times, pressure wash it off after spraying it down with Simple Green. 95% (at least) of the undercarriage has been painted, SEVERAL times now. The picture below was after the last trip to the Badlands, quick wash before going to the Jeep Plant for a tour.
You must be registered for see images attach

Tom what brand cover is that on the rearend?