UHAUL + Libby = Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smarkham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay I'll add my two cents since I have towed U-Haul trailers and my own trailers in the past.

I have to agree with what "Straight6Jeff" and "TJKJ2002" have said.

U-Haul trailers are known to have safety issues. The ones that I have rented were often is hard shape, poorly maintained and missing safety equipment. Be at the U-Haul dealership the day before you need the trailer to pick out the best one on the lot otherwise you'll get stuck with the "runt of the litter".

If I were you I'd have the brakes fixed before you go. You don't want to breakdown late at night down some backwoods road. "Is that banjo music I hear???" Likely replacing the rotors is the wisest choice.

And as for driving technique, that all depends on you, the weather & road conditions and the load you're hauling. I say turn off the OverDrive and let the automatic do it's job and use the cruise control on the flat stretches.

THANKS for all the advice. Now I'm really worried about the U-Haul trailer...but I don't have much of a choice. I don't think there's another outfit that has better moving trailers.

Latest posts

Members online