Uhaul hitch - pictures attached

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

frekeyguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think this is one of the better aftermarket hitches available for the KJ. The receiver is extra long, and the tubing is quite hidden. Here are some pictures....

(this one was built in Burlington, ontario i believe. It seems like UHAUL sources these hitches from Local supplies...)

You must be registered for see images attach

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice - you don't have to take off the !@$#@^ spare just to hitch up a trailer! :freak3:

That is a Class II hitch - so you're limited to 350lb tongue weight and 3500lb max trailer weight so be careful.

bob

trent.brown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run a uhaul but it doesn't stick out that far so I have to open the back door to hook up some trailers. But it works well for me.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
That hitch sticks out a little further than the OEM one on my KJ. Looks like it would be easier to hook up to. Mine is a pain to hook up my utility trailer because of my spare tire size is bigger than OEM. I need to crack the rear gate open to hook it up. When I had the stock tires it was no problem though. I have a 14" bar extention I need to try to see if that works better. The other thing I was thinking is to see if I could reverse the spare tire mount and see if the spare will hang just a tad higher without interfering with the lift glass window? Havn't tried it yet.

Dave

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a class III 5000 lb hitch

My bad - looked at the pics on my phone and thought it was the 1 1/4" vs 2" receiver. Lesson learned :freak3:

I am jealous though - my factory hitch doesn't allow me to hook up the boat trailer with the gate closed. My neighbor always chuckles when he sees me getting ready to head out to the lake...

How long is the ball mount in the pic?

Bob

frekeyguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My bad - looked at the pics on my phone and thought it was the 1 1/4" vs 2" receiver. Lesson learned :freak3:

I am jealous though - my factory hitch doesn't allow me to hook up the boat trailer with the gate closed. My neighbor always chuckles when he sees me getting ready to head out to the lake...

How long is the ball mount in the pic?

Bob

Well a standard Cinder block is ~16" LONG....from the end of the receiver to the edge of the ball is about 14-1/2" to 15" long. And the receiver almost stick out 8" from the edge of the bumper. Hope this helps.

frekeyguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That hitch sticks out a little further than the OEM one on my KJ. Looks like it would be easier to hook up to. Mine is a pain to hook up my utility trailer because of my spare tire size is bigger than OEM. I need to crack the rear gate open to hook it up. When I had the stock tires it was no problem though. I have a 14" bar extention I need to try to see if that works better. The other thing I was thinking is to see if I could reverse the spare tire mount and see if the spare will hang just a tad higher without interfering with the lift glass window? Havn't tried it yet.

Dave

Mine is easy.....just bring my trailer up to the tire area..and bam its in...

here a pic of my tow rig...it gives you a better visual about where exactly the ball it....its slight in front of the tire...

frekeyguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is another picture I found.....the ball is a tad beyond t he tire....

tpd310228

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Dave

i've had the same problem. and i flipped my bracket over, it works like a champ

Members online

No members online now.