U.S or Imperial ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

old youth

Reaction score
I have the overhead display in my 2003 CRD. When it states MPG (Miles Per Gallon) does it mean U.S Gallons or Imperial units. Anybody know?

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the overhead display in my 2003 CRD. When it states MPG (Miles Per Gallon) does it mean U.S Gallons or Imperial units. Anybody know?

As yours is an Export model it should have been set up to reflect the UK.
I dont have the problem because we use Liters and Kilometers here in SA as do most of Europe.
You could check it by filling up with a fixed amount of UK Gallons and drive a measured distance and see if the MPG readout is realistic.:shrug:

Miff_UK

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Here in the UK, I had hoped that it was displaying US gallons, at 33 mpg US (Diesel) that would have been about 40MPG UK.

unfortunately, if you switch it to metric, and do the calculation, you should find it's displaying correctly :0(

Miff

Pippobug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Mine shows in liter/Km or Mls/US Gallon.
I run it with Liter/Km and I get only about 12L/100Km on short runs of about 5/6mls on back roads, but I am running 245/75R16 and I due for a major service shortly. On long runs on the motorway I will get up to 9.5l / 100Km. Aslo my speedo now is correct and allins with my GPS so when I do 60mhr I am doing 60mhr on the sppedo instead of showing 63mhr
Fil.

old youth

Reaction score
Thanks gents, still a bit confusing. Is there perhaps another more definitive way or source to find out?
Les