TSB PROBLEM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lea Ann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HEY!! I NEED HELP!!!

My CEL came on and I took it to the dealership. They kept it for a couple of hours and said all it needed was the computer reprogramed. COOL...left and went home. It sat in the carport for 3 days. Got back in it on the 4th day and drove it out the driveway and the danged CEL was back on!!! OMG!!
Took it back in and now my glow plug needed replaced. Ordered the part took it in the next day and it was replaced.

Problem:
The jeep drove better than it ever had before when the first CEL was on! Had it reprogramed and it slacked off on fuel comsumption a little but not bad. After I took it in to have the glow plug replaced....it now drives like CRAP!! There is a slow-lagging shift into overdrive and fuel consumption is WAY down...like to 13 mpg!!! (Hubby used to be a mechanic and he said that if it keeps shifting like that it will tear up the ****** in no time) I know they can't reprogram it back to the way it was..so I am stuck like chuck...and to top it all off...LAST NIGHT I ROLLED OVER 36000 MILES..NO MORE WARRANTY FOR ME EXCEPT THE POWERTRAIN!!!

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would say they unhooked the battery while performing the change. This sometimes will make the jeep run like crap until it relearns everything. They should of reprogrammed it again I guess. Even if you are over the mileage, they will still fix it since it started before the warranty ran out, if they are a good dealership that is. O:)

Members online

No members online now.