Trying to find the junction block

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score

GeekFisher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Behind the kick panel by your left foot and up about six inches off the floor. It's in a white plastic block.

Bob

Thanks, I'll take a look as soon as I can, I really look to run the fog and the highs at the same time for night backcountry gravel roads

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll take a look as soon as I can, I really look to run the fog and the highs at the same time for night backcountry gravel roads

Word of warning, sometimes mods like this can have unintended consequences. I've done hacks to run fogs with high beams and nearly destroyed a junction block because of the electrical heat put out.

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What?
The Junction Block is Basically the Internal fuse panel...with the BCM strapped on the rear side. The modification will probably be to short the output of some of the fuses there together or to get the High Beam Relay and the Fog Relay....one on the front of the "Fuse Panel" and the other on the reverse of the "Fuse Panel"...to work in unison.

Sounds like a bad idea to me having both beams on at the same time...... lots of current draw.:shrug:

Last edited:

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score

GeekFisher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to say it again, because that's very similar to what I did with my Focus, and I nearly ruined the Junction block from the heat which actually MELTED plastic because the draw is very strong.

I'll first try to locate the JB before doing any mod. I ordered LEDs fogs so it should draw less ?

I'd like other members experience regarding that mod as I really want to get as much light as possible for forest gravel roads.

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might I recommend some bumper lights and/ or roof lights. I have bumper lights and roof lights with the renegade and boy do those renegade roof lights really light up the road way a head of me.

GeekFisher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might I recommend some bumper lights and/ or roof lights. I have bumper lights and roof lights with the renegade and boy do those renegade roof lights really light up the road way a head of me.

There won't be any roof lights for sure as the kayak(s) on top will get in the way, I thought about the bumper lights but did not want to mess with either the bumper nor the metal bracket that I should install under/behind it.

Also, it's more the ditches that I want to see so that's why I show so much interest in the fogs at the same time ;)