Trying to decide which new tires

Which tires would you go with in my situation?

• General Grabber AT2

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moab

Reaction score
Grabbers.....would never run them, they are good for going to the mall on Sundays though;)

You're only at 21 inches? Wow , its sagged a bit then. Do a top plate ( use 1/4 inch since the Frankenlift does not have enough bolt length to use bigger) that will give you 1/2 inch of lift, then 3 ring clevis for another almost 3/4 inch ( should put you at 22.25 then) and you should be good for the 265-75 Duratracs. I was at 22.50 before I installed my new lift and had the 265-75 Duratrac's on, very minor rubbing when completely crossed up on a trail. Don't wimp out on me now, :D
Duratrac's or back to the Silent Armor's only two choices you really have
You know you want the Duratracs , so to get you in the mood
You must be registered for see images attach

Geez Tom your Liberty looks great! Those Duratracs on the Moabs look killer.

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score

KYLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderbirdJunkie
GO WITH YOUR HEART
You require 265/75-16 Duratracs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderbirdJunkie
Stop thinkin' about it and just get the 265/75-16 Duratracs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommudd
Don't wimp out on me now,
You know you want the Duratracs ,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moab
Those Duratracs look killer.

So there KY, for how much longer are you going to ignore sound advice like this???

Oh, I keep coming back and looking at the Duratracs. I know I can just put them on the way the Jeep is right now if I go with the 245/75R16 Load C's like the Silent Armors I have now.

If I go with them, I would really like to get the 265/75R16 Load C's. It sounds like I would need to do a 1/4" plate, and 3 ring clevis lift up front. Probably the 4" JBA springs are going to be needed in the rear. It looks like I'd need to take the sawzall to the front fenders a little too. Then some custom wheel wells. Does anyone know where I can get sheets of plastic like the wheel wells are made of?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I haven't cut anything on my inner fenders at all except for the ARB install where needed, mine fit fine
even have the OME 948s in the rear with two extra top iso's and no problems although with the Moabs I am running three hockey pucks, cutting that down to two and a half though soon.
Can't remember but do you have an ARB up front or not?

KYLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can get the 265/75-16s under there with very little extra work ;)

Looks like the work is going to be on the lower part of the front fenders. I've done a quick trim by the fog light doors that I need to clean up, but still rub every once in a while right where the fenders and wheel wells meet. I know it's a hack job right now, but plan to finish it nicely, which is why I'm wondering where I can get the plastic that the wheel wells are made of.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

KYLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, looking at the ARB bumper now to make the 265's a much easier fit. How much heavier would it be than the stock bumper with a Westin brush guard?

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The stock bumper felt like about 5lbs of crap + whatever the Westin weighs in at. The ARB is about 80/90 lbs plus the 75lbs for the winch. It is out in front further too so the weight "moment arm" is further out from the pivot which would be the hub I guess. That's how it works when calculating C of G for an airplane anyways. The further out from the load bearing member, the heavier something will "feel" to the suspension.