Trying out a gel seat cushion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kage860

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, so I'm going to be the guinea pig and try out the CONFORMAX "COCOON OF COMFORT" GEL CAR CUSHION COMBO SET.

This year, after three years of ownership, I was getting a bit of wanderlust with vehicles and I decided to "fix" the things I don't like about my jeep as opposed to buying another vehicle and starting with new problems. If I can fix the seat comfort, that's basically my number one priority :gr_grin:

I have the 2007 "hard" leather seats (I think the 05-07 are the hard ones). Since the drivers seat is starting to rip I was about to purchase KK leather seats to swap in which are supposed to be a bit softer, but I was a little annoyed that many of the KK seats appear to have much more wear than their model year suggests, which seems to me like they have QC issues of their own.

Amazon.com: CONFORMAX "COCOON OF COMFORT" GEL CAR CUSHION COMBO SET: Automotive

Just ordered it, I'll update after I try it out.

kage860

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cactusjacked, i really want you to get the porcipine one so i can hear your review:happy175: it does look awesome.

I have to learn from the old and wise grandparents :icon_razz:

kage860

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so ive been using them for enough time to do a review. Mats are very heavy and thick and quality is good. I did have to adjust the seat to get comfortable.

Pros:
More comfortable than hard 07 seats
Less aches after long rides

Cons:
Thick mat so you will be an inch closer to the roof and your thighs will be closer to the steering wheel not recommeded for taller or bigger drivers.
Material is dark so it is hot in the summer.
Gel does not "breathe"
Head is now farther away from headrest.

Overall i like it, it meets my needs. Im only 5'8'' and live in the northeast so the pros are worth it to me.

kage860

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It does a pretty good job of staying in place, the bottom has some sort of a grip material on it that keeps it on my leather seats pretty well.