Trxus MT's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have run my 265/75R16 Trxus Mt's for 12,000 miles now and have been a really good tire.Paid $114 apiece from 4WheelParts.

Stats.......

265/75R16
D load range
8 ply rating,2 sidewall,6 tread
Mounted on 16x7 rims(recommended and stated on sidewall)
19/32" tread depth

pro's......

Very good traction on all surfaces,wet or dry
70% tread left after 12,000 miles even having very soft rubber
hard to beat in the mud
Sipped for better traction on ice
Great sidewall flex when aired down on the rocks
Very tough sidewalls even though only 2 plys

con's.......

Wear very bad if a perfect aligment is not kept
Need to rotate every oil change
Don't like tire pressures below 10psi on non-beadlock rims
Can be very hard sometimes to balance(2 of mine balanced with little weight,the other 2 took over 14oz to balance)

Last edited:

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Troy, why did you opt to mount your spare up on the roof?
Was the tire/rim combo too wide and heavy to mount on the rear gate and not worth the added work to mount them back there?

Cheers

Ryan
I was waiting on my RL tire carrier.My wheel/tire combo is 90lbs per wheel/tire,it was sagging my rear swing gate pretty bad,decided to get it off the rear gate before it damaged the hinges.The OEM tire carrier is only rated to carry 50lbs,the OEM rim/tire is 45lbs.

Eastcoastpowerhouse

Reaction score
Hey,
any one runing these tires have any problems at high way speeds(50-70)?
I have heard good things and bad things as any tire but this is the only one with several bad reviews for side wall blow outs and hoping. Has any one has noticed this or any thing elese like this ?

Thank you.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey,
any one runing these tires have any problems at high way speeds(50-70)?
I have heard good things and bad things as any tire but this is the only one with several bad reviews for side wall blow outs and hoping. Has any one has noticed this or any thing elese like this ?

Thank you.
Never heard of them blowing sidewalls,known many that have run theses tires.I've been up to 90mph with them and no problems.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey,

http://www.offroaders.com/reviewbox/showproduct.php?product=34&cat=3

thats my only reason on holding off on these several people say blow outs. but you never know how they drive or if any thing was wrong before that.nail or tire had a cut. i guess its the same risk with any tire.
From the ones I read(1st page) the ones that blew out where either overloaded or not cared for,and some of those reviews stated that they had the Trxus STS(the AT Trxus) which is crap,almost all are positive.I never read reviews,I'd rathere test the product out myself personnally then listen to someone elses word.Many also stated they went from a much more aggresive Interco tire to the Trxus,so yes they will be disappointed since the Trxus is liveable on the street and preform well on the trail.Most Interco tires are not friendly on the street and awesome offroad,you gotta make some compromises for the street.Overall I have had very good experiance from these tires and many other's I know have also.