'truck' size diesel nozzle will not fit CRD filler opening.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

buells1

Reaction score
Do any of you have trouble with a 'truck' size diesel nozzle fitting into the filler opening? Is there a solution?

OneOneNiner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's a solution for everything.

Pump real SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOW:D

Yea,I'm sure all CRD owners have run into this when fuel light is on and nothing
but trucker pumps around!!!Dang-it

ATXKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have to take the fill tube apart and dremel out the molded section to open it up
someone over at LOST did it -
I just go over to the auto diesel side
the truck one pumps really fast and it'll foam up anyway.

mikey1273

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had that problem on the PA turnpike. no diesel pumps at the auto isle and the truck isle had only thunder nozzles on all the pumps. I had almost a 1/4 tank so I had enough to make it to the reading exit and then couldn't find a place with any diesel for a few exits.

I'm too chicken to try filling slow but if I had too like if the fuel light was on a while I would.

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
why not just carry a funnel adapter thing, sorry if this is rediculous im a gasser

Diggerfreek

Reaction score
why not just carry a funnel adapter thing, sorry if this is rediculous im a gasser

There isn't an adapter. You really want to stay with the auto diesel. It will run a tad bit cleaner because it is moving through the filters a little slower. Plus I know stations around here that use a lower cetane rated fuel on the trucker side than in the auto side

journeyjim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mitchell south dakota from may through oct every y
There isn't an adapter. You really want to stay with the auto diesel. It will run a tad bit cleaner because it is moving through the filters a little slower. Plus I know stations around here that use a lower cetane rated fuel on the trucker side than in the auto side

Years ago when cars first went to unleaded, there was an adapter that went over the larger leaded nozzle that fit the smaller unleaded gas tank opening, haven't seen one in years, with the truck nozzle they just pump to fast for the filler neck, sometimes you can squeeze it slightly for slower flow, but not all do that.

tan's2002kjlimited

Full Access Member
Reaction score
better be on a luggage rack cause diesel stinks

I've been driving a truck for over 20 years now, I don't even smell it
anymore. My wife says I can't smell anything anymore!

The High speed pumps on full blast pump a gallon in like 2-3 seconds.
When you take on anywhere between 50 & 150 gallons per side
(dual tanks) you hope to find high speed pumps.

mikey1273

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Diesel Smell

I can't realy smell it either. I have only been fueling with it since August. when I went to get gas for my lawn mower a while back I thought gas stunk.
I got some Bio Diesel on my hands when topping off my tank with the last I had yesterday. Bio has a different smell but I don't find it offensive.

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya im the same way my talons run on ethanol , and i love the way it smells. I now hate the smell of gas

mikey1273

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can't even find any ethanol where I live.

We have like 2 filling stations that sell E85, which is 85% ethanol. People with Fords, Dodges, and chevys that have flexfuel capable engine can run it. I don't go to those places anymore since they don't sell diesel but when I did I only seen 1 guy using it.

flman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I stuffed a rag down in the neck, took out the "gasser restriction" with a hole saw on a cordless drill, then I vacummed the filings out and the rag. I have a truck stop 3 miles from my house, I go there all the time.

mikey1273

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I stuffed a rag down in the neck, took out the "gasser restriction" with a hole saw on a cordless drill, then I vacummed the filings out and the rag. I have a truck stop 3 miles from my house, I go there all the time.

Nice how fast can you fill the tank now? pics2.gif

u20101228

Reaction score
Some of them have a regular nozzle on one of the pumps. I usually just go ask and they will tell me which one has the standard nozzle.