Transmission Mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lbeothuckl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm having a bit of trouble with a trasmission mount... A while ago the dealer told me I needed a new trasmission mount for my 03 sport he wanted 300 or so. So I looked it up, and an aftermarket one was 50 or so. So I buy it, bring it to a neighbourhood garage and ask them to install it.
Now they come back with "its not the right one".my build sheet (I checked online) lists my ****** as a 42RLE

I have an ANCHOR Part # 3007
You must be registered for see images

Can anyone confirm that this is the right aftermarket part?
Thanks

Xodius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking this mechanic is either an idiot or is trying to get more cash from me
Probably. Crawl on under there and check it out. I am trying to picture where the mount is and tbh I can't right now. I am a bit surprised that you would need a new one...do not hear of too many people needing those. Then again there is always a first. ;)

lbeothuckl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably. Crawl on under there and check it out. I am trying to picture where the mount is and tbh I can't right now. I am a bit surprised that you would need a new one...do not hear of too many people needing those. Then again there is always a first. ;)

I just did.... Well after a horrid time. I think we can confirm this place is full of idiots. I go to collect the jeep and after i pay the bill and get into it, I just happen to notice (they didn't mention it to me) that they crushed my jeep on the ceiling with the lift...
Destroyed my rails and the roof has a huge dent!

Anyway, I got under it and the damn mount does look different and looks welded on. I may be looking at the wrong one though, I will try and jack it up to have a look.
******* garage!!!!

sparkman70

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They crushed your roof and you pay them.I hope in the am you go back and show the pin heads and make them pay to fix it

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Return the aftermarket mount,they are not worth the paper the invoice is printed on.I trashed a brand new aftermarket mount in less then 500 miles.

Buy a OEM mount,there is a huge difference in quality.It's about $155 from moparpartsamerica.com,look under engine then engine/trans mounting.The price has drastically jumped in the last few months as the OEM one I bout 6 months ago was only $75.

lbeothuckl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To be honest I paid then noticed... I did try and stay calm; I failed. I went back and tore a strip off the owner. They said they would fix it but now I'm thinking that I should just go through my insurance!
What a day.... And I still didn't get the mount fixed