Transmission fluid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ShafferNY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the trans flushed a couple weeks ago and it seems like the transmission shift so much smoother now. It was worth the money. I don't know if they did the quick relearn or not, but it's nice and smooth.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Our '04 is going to the Chrysler dealer tomorrow morning for a 4X4 service. That includes draining, cleaning, and re-filling the front and rear differentials and transfer case, and power flush the transmission, new transmission filter and fluid. All for $399.00 Canadian!
Regular price is $499.00.
Pretty good price I figure!

Cheers
Ryan

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I take it a flush is a far different thing than a fluid change? I've got a mechanical manual and while the change process is involved-- including changing the filter, it doesn't mention any of the things you kids are talking about with a flush.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I take it a flush is a far different thing than a fluid change? I've got a mechanical manual and while the change process is involved-- including changing the filter, it doesn't mention any of the things you kids are talking about with a flush.
Just dropping the ****** pan will only remove about 1/3 of the fluid.Doing a ****** flush completely changes the fluid.

My 45RFE holds a total of 14qts of ATF+4,when doing a ****** flush they will generally use 20-22qts of fluid for a bigger ****** like the 45RFE(hence the higher cost also).A real flush machine(only 2 company's make them and one went under) cost about $3000+ and ties into one of the cooler lines.When the ****** is pumping fliud into the flush machine the machine is pumping brand new fluid back into the ****** at the same psi and amount of fluid.