Transmission Filter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

QueensJeep

Reaction score
Hello,

I need to do my 30k Transmission service, does anybody have the part numbers I need to order for the internal and external filters and gasket?

I am not 100% sure that there is an external filter...please help me out there.

This is for an 05 Auto, with I would imagine the 42RLE.

Thanks!!!

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I need to do my 30k Transmission service, does anybody have the part numbers I need to order for the internal and external filters and gasket?

I am not 100% sure that there is an external filter...please help me out there.

This is for an 05 Auto, with I would imagine the 42RLE.

Thanks!!!
The 42RLE has only 1 ****** filter,located inside the ****** pan.The 45RFE('02 KJ's) have 2 ****** filters.There are ****** pan gaskets,hard to find and pricy,just use Ultra Gray or Ultra Copper RTV for the gasket.Most parts stores will give you the wrong filter kit for the 42RLE,they seem to not know the KJ came with it.

QueensJeep

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I just received my ****** filter and it did not come with a new o-ring. I thought it would. Does anybody know the part number for the o-ring or should I just use the one from the old filter?

Thanks!

QueensJeep

Reaction score
I just called my local Jeep dealer and they cant find a part number for the o-ring. Then I spoke to the service manager that didnt have a clue what I was talking about....

Can anybody help me out with this?