Transfer Case

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BassMunn

Reaction score
Might seem like a silly question but just double checking.
Does this mean I have an NV231 Transfer case?
You must be registered for see images

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would assume so.

There are basically two types of Transfer case....Select Trac and Command Trac.

Select Trac has the option of selecting Hi Full Time 4X4 mode as well as 2 wheel drive or 4X4 Low.

Command Trac such as I have gives me the option of 2 wheel Drive or Part Time Hi 4X4 or part time 4X4 Low....no Fulltime Hi available.

So I have to travel on the open road in 2 wheel drive as when in 4 Hi or 4 Low the front and rear diffs do not have differential between them so I can only go 4X4 on very slippery surfaces slowly for a short time or something will break!

My 2002 Export 2.5 CRD Sport Manual also came with 4.10 rear diff with Trac Loc which is a form of semi-locked rear diff not loved by most owners. This Trac Loc diif needs to have a Mopar Friction Modifier poured into the diff during an oil change or else I can feel the rear wheels battling to take tight corners!

jersey-jeep

Reaction score
Well technically you have a np231 (np for new process). Nv is new venture gear
However new venture acquired new process and all parts are interchangeable as long as the numbers are the same
Such as np231 is same as nv231

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.