Transfer Case wobbles violently!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tarikleesimsek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I need help diagnosing the problem i have, I was guessing it is the rear drive shaft u joint but there's no play or any shake when moving. I went under it and see that whole transfer case wobbles. Does anybody know what the problem is? I am hoping i won't need a new transfer case! :( Here is two videos i have uploaded on youtube. Thanks for the help in advance!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXeZ3tb1oqc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CIlAxchCVY

Last edited:

Tarikleesimsek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK maybe its just me but how do you get the videos to work ?

I don't know why they show like that. I just clicked onto youtube wrap and copied the links. maybe you just have to copy the whole thing and put it into your browser :shrug:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Working now
How long has it been since you changed transfer case fluids?
Looks like its been a while from the condition of the plug
But onto what problems are you having?
Unless I am just still asleep yet not seeing the transfer case move ?? Driveshaft seems to be running smoothly so are you having vibrations on the road/ noise ?

Last edited:

JeepCoMJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New transfer mount and transfer case fluid is all I can suggest. I see no vibration, but those are the main suspects typically

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
What exactly is the problem? You're just seeing lash between the gears in the xfer case and the rearend gears.

Was there an actual drivability issue that you saw that drove you (teehee) to check this?

Tarikleesimsek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys. You know when the rotors are warped that the whole front end shakes, I have the exact same problem but the rotors and pads are fairly new. Shaking only stops when i apply gas pedal. when i let go it shakes and also when i apply the brakes.The videos might not do it justice. If you guys think its the transfer case mounts I will change them along with the fluid. I have never changed the fluid yet and I have 90k miles. :( Just hoping there is no major problem with it.

JeepCoMJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did you check your rear brakes and make sure that there is no warpage going on there?

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
See no problem,other than remove the FILL plug first to be certain that you can refill after draining fluid. Have you recently done anything with rear drive ass. ? Removed wheels,painted them,brakes,shocks,etc..

Tarikleesimsek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello again guys! Well shaking stopped by itself but after a while, i got this fast ticking noise when taking off. It has a slight delay/hesitation when taking off from stop or low speed, I don't feel that jump anymore. It feels like this happens from 1s gear to 2nd. Also this ticking noise gets more violent on reverse. Got a check engine light as well, so i went to autozone and got the codes. P0700-Transaxle control system fault. P1775-Solenoid switch valve stuck in TCC position. What do you guys think? I never did ****** fluid or transfer case fluid change. Last time i checked transmission fluid, it looked clean so i left it alone.