Transfer case shifter bushing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kla94

Reaction score
I have a 2005 liberty with a np231 transfer case that the linkage bushing crapped out on. Could someone please point me in the right direction? I ordered some that don't fit.

kla94

Reaction score
I ordered two like that one and I can't get the darn thing to go into the cable end. Any suggestions?

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had to use some bearing grease and a set of channel locks to press it in to the cable end and then push it on to the lever. Maybe warm up the bushing a little to make it a bit more pliable.

kla94

Reaction score
I had to use some bearing grease and a set of channel locks to press it in to the cable end and then push it on to the lever. Maybe warm up the bushing a little to make it a bit more pliable.

Thanks brother. I used some Vaseline, but only tried putting it in with my hand. I use Vaseline on orings and things. Works great on injector caps.
Does it matter which way it goes into the cable end?

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the flat side goes toward the tcase and the tapered side is out. It's been a while since I did mine. I seem to remember it going on to the tcase lever fairly easily.