Transfer Case Cable Bushing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

libertybob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The transfer case shift cable way too much clearance between the cable end and the input pin for the shift arm. It appears there was a bushing in the cable end at one time and it as well as what was holding the cable end on the pin is missing. Does anyone have a picture of the transfer case cable end? I was thinking of making a bushing out of 5/16" fuel line to tighten up the clearance and using an e clip to hold it in position. Anyone else have this problem? Thanks

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine looks like this, before I reattached it:
You must be registered for see images attach

jeeptorino68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
google a bit more, same problem on wranglers.
i got an aluminum spacer/sleeve from the hardware store to replace the missing plastic bushing, then i held it on with a hitch pin or cotter pin?

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone on here or on LOST figured out that a ¼" steel axle nut thingy from ACE Hardware snapped on and held everything in place. I was going to do that but my nylon clip was intact.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Nylon deserves to be on my fishing rod, not used as a clip or bushing. :fish_h4h:

blackhawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, more than a year ago, I put this metal "ring" around the cable end. Hope it helps you.
You must be registered for see images

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.