trans issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dieselliberty06

Reaction score
So my CRD has been in the shop for 3 of the last 4 weeks. 1st the EGR valve (supposedly) was to blame for the weird idle/shifting behavior. I get it back and it's making a fairly loud rattling noise when it's idling in gear. it's also lurching when i slow down just before I come to a complete stop. I bring it back in and I get it back friday (5 days after bringing it in) i make it 2 miles away from the dealership and notice that exactly nothing has changed. It's going back tomorrow morning to hopefully get fixed. it also shudders if I go up a big hill with the tc locked up (is that normal for a crd kj?)

The dealership obviously doesn't know what they're doing, but it's under warrenty so I don't have a choice as to where to bring it. If anyone has any ideas i'd appreciate it. thanks

dieselliberty06

Reaction score
it had the recall performed before I bought it. I got it back from the dealership and the verdict was a cracked trans filter. the guy showed it to me so I believe him, it was split right at the base of the tube that goes up into the trans so it was sucking in air. It ran like that for about 300 miles. the filter that autozone sold me must have been cracked and I didn't notice it when I installed it. it seems to be running fine now, hopefully it didn't do any damage!

dieselliberty06

Reaction score
yeah, i believe they put new fluid in it. it's been working fine so far so I'm happy. it's still shuddering if it's really loaded up, but it only happens once in a while so i'll deal with it.