trans cooler lines

Discussion in 'KJ General Discussion' started by belvedere, May 5, 2009.

1. Blackrose

Blackrose New Member

Did you replace your lines because of a leak or did you have to put different lines in when you switched to the in-radiator trans cooler? I'm interested in doing the same thing, but I'm not sure if the cooler lines are different for the in-radiator cooler. Are the hoses at the end a different length? If I were to install that radiator would I need different cooler lines?

2. mrlavalamp

mrlavalamp Full Access Member

Mine leaked at the crimps.

I just tied the radiator cooler inline with the external cooler.

There is a how to on here somewhere. Ima search and be back

EDIT: couldnt find a how to, I thought I followed one with pictures but if I cannot find it that wont help you much. I did find this: https://www.jeepkj.com/threads/transmission-cooler-modification.64158/#post-738502

Cannot remember which line is "hot" and which is return though, sorry.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2020
  3. Blackrose

Blackrose New Member

Thanks for that info. I'm thinking of waiting until I see how my current radiator does this summer before making the switch. One of my lines also has a very slight leak at the crimp as well, so I might just do it all at once if it gets bad.

4. Leeann

Leeann Full Access Member

This is what I did a little while ago. Wasn't difficult, didn't require a lot of tools, just took time and patience (and cussing in lieu of patience). I bought Mopar lines on eBay and they weren't that expensive.

mrlavalamp and LibertyTC like this.
  5. randymorris

randymorris Full Access Member

yeah, I looked it up already. It’s 3/8th inner diameter hose, so that size should be right. I am hopeful I can do this work next weekend. I started a new job thankfully, and so I may have money again soon. Coronavirus definitely wiped out my bank account.