****** update 42rle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

_UnLiMiTeD_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any of you 42rle owners out there that havent got the flash update for your ****** should look into it. I told them the ****** downshifted kind of hard sometimes so they looked into it and there was a flash update to the computer for the transmission and they put it in for me. It downshifts smoothers now and quicker when going up hills. Maybe something you will want to look into.

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i thought about that, but i assumed that since mine is newer that it would already have the "updated" stuff. anybody know?

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine was flashed about a year and a half ago.. They said they updated after I complained about the bang. It didn't change anything.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
What date did you get it done? Maybe they revised it!? Who knows..
I am supposed to go back there, anyway. I will tell them to look at it. ****** flash should be covered under 6/60.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unlimited and Hyedipin.....both yours are 04 models. Was there something with the 04 MY?? Mine is an 05 (42RLE) and it shifts smoothly. Or maby the 05's have the flash??

Dave

2003KJ

Reaction score
On a different note, my 42rle was flashed about 2 years ago due to stalling when switching from reverse to drive. Don't think it's related to this issue, but same ******, and the dealer service leader lady said there was a TSB out for the issue I was having, incase anybody else is having the same problem.