Trails in Wisconsin

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cyclingchef

Reaction score
Alright, Alright, I need to know. Where are there good trails in Wisconsin to do some moderate off roading? I've got the itch and some free time. Anyone know any good trails? Thanks.

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
Nicolet National Forest north of you has a TON of forest service roads. Most are easy, but occasionally you find some more difficult areas. Also, there's McCaslin Mountain Offroad Park that has more to offer for more difficult trails.

That's what I know of - I've been up in that area twice this year. Pretty area. :D

cyclingchef

Reaction score
Thanks for the info! I'll look into those places, hopefully sooner than later. I've never gone trail riding before so I need to do some research and crap to find out what to take, plan the trip etc. thanks for the startup yo!

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score

oddball

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Nicolet trails we ran twice this year are up near Laona, WI. (Nicolet NF Map) I would say, probably between 5-6 hours from Elgin, IL/Chicago area.

McCaslin Mountain offroad park is just a tiny bit closer... probably between 4-4-1/2 - 5 hour drive from the Chicago area. I haven't run this park at all, but I've been there. I'd like to try it sometime next spring/summer.

Information about Nicolet - park/campground HERE

LOST link from our most recent trip this past Septmeber w/pictures

I believe you meant, we're going to run that park next year. ;)

Jeepman56

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right down in Oshvegas, I went to school there briefly. I haven't been to McCaslin yet as we had our 2nd baby last summer but I plan to this summer. I have hit up many logging roads in Nicolet though, my avatar pic is from a road heading to Meyers Falls north of Laona.