Trails In Upstate NY

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bchamber

Reaction score
I am in Saratoga Springs and I am looking for some trails hit on the weekend. Does anyone know of anywhere? Or is anyone going anywhere around here? Thanks, much apreciated.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am real close to Saratoga springs. There are some trails around here if you know where to look. If you are interested PM me and I'll give you my cell# but I am not going to be able to go the next 3 weekends. After that, yes. It's hard to give directions. Just a bunch of county roads.

The closest one I know of is about 10 miles from here. (it's NY State land on top of a mountain).....several trails up there. You do not want to go up there without another vehicle and recovery equipment. The main road going over the mountain is dirt and ok but minimally maintained. The power line trails have been closed with barriers.

There's the Moose River/Cedar River Flow about 100 miles Northwest near Indian Lake. Beautiful place. It is not on most maps so you'll need real good directions. There's a place in Corinth I'm trying to find myself and there are old logging roads around there. There's one dirt road in Warrensburgh going over the mountain with 2 tracks off of it. You'd never find it unless by accident and it is like "Deliverance? up there.

Dave