traded my 04 for an 03. questions...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

knotwerk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ladies and Gentlemen, I picked up the jeep last night and I must say.. for an almost "identical" vehicle there is some definite differences.

It seems taller, I'm in the process of mending a torn ACL so it was easily noticed that it was harder to get my leg in. The tires are Goodyear SRA or something like that. Maybe my suspension was just crap because I can't get over how this thing feels SOOO much more like a truck. It's a stiffer suspension, but much nicer on my ass when hitting pot holes. All in all I'm really happy with the purchase so far.
Is the suspension different from an 04 limited to an 03 rene?
Is there any other differences I should know about?
Is it legal to use the spot lights/fog lights on the roof during inclement weather? :)

Thanks for any help guys...

also, damn I missed driving a manual trans... love it.

Mike

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ladies and Gentlemen, I picked up the jeep last night and I must say.. for an almost "identical" vehicle there is some definite differences.

It seems taller, I'm in the process of mending a torn ACL so it was easily noticed that it was harder to get my leg in. The tires are Goodyear SRA or something like that. Maybe my suspension was just crap because I can't get over how this thing feels SOOO much more like a truck. It's a stiffer suspension, but much nicer on my ass when hitting pot holes. All in all I'm really happy with the purchase so far.
Is it legal to use the spot lights/fog lights on the roof during inclement weather? :)

Mike

No difference in suspension between the two.

I would recommend getting rid of the SRA's. They are horrible tires.

For the light bar, you need to check your local laws regarding their use. The law here is I can only have 4 front facing lights on at a time. So if I use the lights up top, I have to turn my headlights and fog lights off.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

Mike

During inclement weather the one thing you don't want is lights way up high on. You want them down the lower the better. Not only is it illegal to run them on the highway it would also cause a lot of glare.

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not illegal to run them here but I don't because it does make visibility worse and causes a lot of glare.

Sent from my HTC One using the power of Mary's purse

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And yet, you can't have your GPS suction-cupped to the windshield. :joke:

Haha nope. I don't use a GPS but I did get a ticket a few years back for having fuzzy dice hanging from the mirror of a 78 Lincoln I had.

Sent from my HTC One using the power of Mary's purse

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I thought fuzzy dice were required on a 70s era vehicle. Probably came with it from the factory. :birgits_tiredcoffee