Tpms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KJJosh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm getting my MOABS mounted sometime this week with a set of Duratrac's in 245/75/16. I also purchased a new set of TPMS sensors. What is needed to make the new sensors work with the new wheel/tire combo??

I'm keeping my current set of rims and tires so I can't swap the sensors out.

DirtyKK

JPOTM WINNER
Reaction score
nothing, take it all to a tire shop and theyll put the sensor on the rim and mount the tire.

desync0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
06+ There is no real "programming", they get learned after you drive for a few miles.

The dealer did the reset procedure when I had one replaced, but it wouldn't register until I drove a few miles.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Magnet just resets the positions of tires and tells EVIC which TPMS is in which tire. It is pretty magical, you also get a nice honk each time you train a sensor. :)

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Magnet just resets the positions of tires and tells EVIC which TPMS is in which tire. It is pretty magical, you also get a nice honk each time you train a sensor. :)

This applies to 02-04 KJ's. 05-07 KJ's are supposed to reset themselves My 05 resets themselves when I rotate the tires anyway.

Since Josh's KJ is an 07 I think he shoud install them and drive a few miles and see what happens. Then let us know so we know for sure.

Dave

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, even more magic.
In my 04, it only senses spare swap, due to lack of motion/rotation. Otherwise, it doesn't know which one is where, so we better not lose that donut magnet :)

KJJosh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright I think I've found the answer... My 07 FSM states:

Each sensor's (transmitter) broadcast is uniquely coded so that the wireless control module (WCM) can monitor the state of each of the four sensors on the four roating road wheels. The WCM can automatically learn and store the senor's ID while driving "within 10 minutes continuously above 15 MPH" after a sensor has been replaced, The vechicle must be stationary for more than 20 minutes in order to initiate the learning sequence.

It goes on to say:

When the spare tire pressure sensor is replaced with a new pressure sensor, The sensor must be changed from Park Mode to conserve battery life. Either use a TPM-RKE Analyzer, or swap the spare with a road tire.

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I HATE the tpms in my '09 F250
it does not tell you which tire is low
dings every time you start it ,when the light is on
and the 4 times in the past year that the light has come on it was the spare
yes the spare on an F250 ,know where that is? UNDER THE EFFING TRUCK
oh and the factory put the valve stem POINTING UP on the spare
I figured out that I can flip the spare and remount it but still it *****
oh and best part is that the light comes on if the tire drops below 50 psi
I have OBA on the truck so adding air is easy
I am looking for a way to mount the sensors in my air tank so they think that all 5 tires
have 120psi in them and never less than 90
they can not sense over pressure only under

side note '09 VW tells you which tire
and the spare is in the trunk ,very easy to add air
'02 TJ ,who cares

Last edited:

KJJosh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mounted up the rims and drove for a few miles. Dash light went off and all is well in TPMS land. I didnt have to swap the spare with a road tire either.