TPMS in spare tire?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Every time I start the KJ, I get an EVIC message that the spare tire pressure is low. I thought that was weird considering there isn't a sensor there, right? Thoughts?

Thanks

Mthigh_Freak

Reaction score
Check the spare pressure, if its low then you probably do have a sensor in there and you should air it up! :waytogo:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is a sensor in the spare too. Air it up and the EVIC message will go away. ..:smokin:

Dave

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Oh there is? Good...thanks everyone. Guess I should of checked it in the first place. :D

kev92gt

Reaction score
Put almost 60 psi and the dang sensor won't shut off. 2005 3.7 limited. Any thoughts?

ryanee182

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought I remember reading that if the tires pressures vary by more than 5 or 10 psi, the light will turn on. Or if there is too much psi. Try making sure that all 5 tires are at the same psi?

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
No luck is there a reset or can I disconnect battery?

There is no reset, other than starting the jeep and driving it down the road for a bout 3 mins. That is supposed to clear the system, no other process will. If it still doesn't clear after that, your sensor may be bad.

kev92gt

Reaction score
on a 05 liberty limited are the wheel covered with a plastic material?

Last edited:

ivantate

Reaction score
Mine beeped at me for days after having the spare replaced and getting one which held air. I even swapped with one of the others and it made no difference.

Then suddenly it stopped warning. All good now.