TPM Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gentleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I got the yellow dash light and an Evic telling me to Check TPM System, tried the key thing and no codes, checked the tire they are all ok, guess it back to the dealer.

Bob

Se7enLC

Full Access Member
Reaction score

melted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had that message on a very cold day, and pumped up all 5 tires to 40psi. The message went away for a while, but later in the day a new message "TPMS System Failure" came up. That message stayed for a few days, and then suddenly vanished.

I took it to Mr. 5 Star who couldn't find anything wrong, nor any fault codes in memory. His explanation; "TPMS systems are flaky". Not particularly technically appropriate, but maybe not far from the truth. In the 3 months since that visit to the dealer, I have not seen either message.

VTNomad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TPMS

When I get above 40 PSI, I get a high tire pressure warning. When I get around 26-28 PSI I get a low tire pressure warning. WE can go through all four seasons in a week here. Last week on day was 72 degrees, and the next morning was 9 degrees! Pressures vary widely with temperature differences. I try to keep mine around 33 psi, but the fluctuate between 28-38 psi. You're supposed to fill them to the minimum pressure when they're at their coldest.

Currently, every time I start up, I get the message 'tire pressure sensor bad/mising'. I've got readouts for all 4, so I assume it's the spare. I just had the system installed in July or August, less than 5000 miles ago. Going to the dealer Monday morning.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
About 2 weeks ago as i was pulling out of the driveway on a very cold morning i got a low tire pressure warning on the EVIC. I checked all 4 and they were at 28lbs so i aired them up to 33lbs. Got back in and still had the warning so i aired up the spare and it went away. Has not happened since - and it has been cold here.

So without the TPM system i would have driven off (they did not look low) and would have heated up and probably ended up at 33lbs???? Gotta go - - havta rotate the air in my tires - that'll fix them!!!! - I wonder how much air is in them now? --Too cold to check-- I'm not thinking clearly - gotta go and take my medicine............

Dave