TPM/EVIC?Rotation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cowcatcher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What happens to my EVIC display on the Tire Preassure Monitor when I rotate the tires? Seems to me that each transmitter is married to a specific wheel on the EVIC. Won't that follow when I rotate?

Thanks in advance.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cowcatcher said:
What happens to my EVIC display on the Tire Preassure Monitor when I rotate the tires? Seems to me that each transmitter is married to a specific wheel on the EVIC. Won't that follow when I rotate?

Thanks in advance.

On libbys before 05, you must go around to each valvestem with a magnet and "retrain" them so they know what tire is where. They did away with that on the 05-06's and I dont have a clue how it works. Idk if each tire only reaches so far(wireless), that way when you move them only the tire on the back right can reach the receiver on the back right? I may be stupid. 8-[

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have an 05 with EVIC and TPM and rotated the tires and was wondering myself what would happen. They must have automaticly reset themselves as I didn't get any funny readouts on the EVIC. Just my experience with them.

Se7enLC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cowcatcher said:
Thanks guys. Guess I will do it and see what happens. \:D/

Nothing interesting happens, I did it and didn't see so much as a peep from the EVIC.

Similarly, if you drive around with no spare, it doesn't say anything about it either. It takes a lot longer (days) to figure out about the missing spare.