towing question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wicat3

Reaction score
Hey guys im looking at a few libertys and so far i like what i see but not sure if they will do what i intend to use it for. I want somthing that i can tow a small trailer with a motorcycle?

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've pulled a small open MC trailer with my KJ without the tow package. \

If your going any bigger trailers, keep an eye out for a Libby with the factory tow package and you'll really be set.

wicat3

Reaction score
not really thinking of towing more then a motorcycle or a small tralier with junk to a scrap yard or somthing but mostly just a bike if i have to. Test drove an 07 and just waiting to hear back from the guy on weather or not im approved for the loan. Nice suv ride and looks good

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tow a 4x8 trailer all the time for work the H D and whatever else with my 07 its no big deal. I will say with a real hevy load I turn off the OD.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a 6x10 enclosed and a 5 x 8 open with 3 foot sides I pull all of the time
Pulled the enclosed loaded from Ohio to Boston and also to Orlando never had a problem
The open I stack firewood in it and haul it 5 hours back up home here from down on the farm

KeswickDave

Gold Moderator
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep, I pull a 19' travel trailer, a 14' boat and a 4x6' utility trailer... although not all at the same time ;)

For what you want to do you should have no trouble at all!

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have towed all kinds of stuff with no problem. Boat (4,500lbs), camper (3,500lbs), utility trailer loaded with firewood (not sure of weight but I pulled it out of the woods in a foot of snow in 4lo - haha). I dolly-towed a mustang from Pittsburgh Pa to NY. Just turn off O/D when necessary.

Dave

wicat3

Reaction score
awsome i find out tommrow if im approved and hopefully will be a new liberty owner!!!