Towing & Lifts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SRotblat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a Rusty's lift waiting to be put on, and I've got some towing to do soon. Two different trips as I slowly move to my new place over the comming months. One trip is towing my other car (total weight ~4900lbs), and the other towing a 6x12 Uhaul enclosed trailer (~4400lbs).

I've done one trip with the car so far, but wondering if there is anything I should be aware which would keep me from installing the lift before I make these trips. and anything of concern when towing with the lift and trailers of these weights. Also my current ball mount has a 10.5" long 2" drop, I'm assuming I'd need one with a 4" drop after the lift right?

thanks

froop

Reaction score
You shouldn't need an extra drop on the hitch. As long as you can get the trailer onto the ball, the 2" difference will hardly be noticeable, especially with the weight of the trailer compressing the suspension.